Music, Mind and Machine
The Music, Mind, and Machine group is the current incarnation of a group that has had several former foci. From 1995-2003, it was known as the Machine Listening Group and had a particular focus on Computational Audio Scene Analysis and musical applications of the Structured Audio paradigm. The most consistent part of the group is its leadership from Prof. Barry Vercoe.
Alumni of the MMM/SLP/ML group
Jeff Bilmes Michael Casey Wei Chai Dan Ellis Ricardo "Rago" Garcia Bill Gardner Youngmoo Kim Nyssim Lefford Adam Lindsay Keith Martin Joe Pompei Eric Scheirer Brian Whitman
The group currently focuses on methods of building intelligent music systems.
- Structural Analysis of Musical Signals Barry Vercoe
- Automatic Record Reviews Brian Whitman
- Music Structure Modeling Wei Chai
- Adaptive Microphone with Proximity Detection Barry Vercoe
- Audio-Pro with Multiple DSP's and Dynamic Load Distribution Barry Vercoe
- Automated Analysis of Musical Structure Wei Chai
- Computer Improvisation Victor Gabriel Adan
- Embedded Audio Systems Barry Vercoe
- Learning the Meaning of Music Brian Whitman
- Sound Blocks John Harrison
back to Main_Page